4th Annual Bohai or Bust Charity Bike Event
Download the day's agenda and more detailed information
Register Now- you will need a VPN for this link, otherwise write directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please come out and join us for our 4th Annual "Bohai or Bust" Charity Biking Event on Saturday, April 13th 2013!
The Schoolhouse is excited to present the event in its fouth year by hosting, facilitating, and providing a wonderful location to bike on self-guided paths throughout the beautiful and breathtaking countryside of Bohai Township, a county nestled against the Mutianyu Great Wall. The purpose of this charity event is to raise money for the Elderly of Bohai Township, who have helped this area to grow. In return, we want to show them our appreciation as they become less able to get out and about! For past 3 years, Bohai or Bust had raised Rmb25,000, Rmb21,190 and Rmb24,153 In the year 2010, 2011 and 2012. Annual presentation of proceeds occurs in October on Chong Yang Jie (Elder's Day), a traditional Chinese holiday which celebrates the elderly.
The event features "bring your own bike or rent a bike" !
If a bike isn't accessible to you, but you are keen on the event, our Bicycle Rental Partner, Bicycle Kingdom, will be renting bikes for a fee, please be sure to reserve your bike before the event on http://www.bikebeijing.com/bohaiorbust_2013.html. They will bring the bikes to Mutianyu and we can help facilitate bike rentals for the day's event. But, please be aware that YOU need to pre- arrange the bike rental.
Maps of the local biking routes are taken from "Biking Bohai" a publication by The Schoolhouse. The routes are varied in difficulty and the detailed maps are downloadable (see links below) and we will also provide one page map with limited amount on the day of the event. There will be volunteer leaders for each biking route below but you are more than welcome to explore at your own pace. The three biking routes which are being recommended for this event include:
- 76km group departs. Roadhouse to the top of the Sihai climb and back (see map)
- 32km group departs. Route to Sancha Village and back to Roadhouse (see map)
- 11km group departs. Route to Tian Xian Yu Village and Ying Bei Gou Village and back to Roadhouse (see map)
Details for the Event:
- Pre-registration is done online which makes it easy and accessible to anyone who plans on attending the event. However, you will need a VPN for this registration link. Otherwise please write directly to: email@example.com. Registration fees will be collected on the day of the event and 100 % of the proceeds will be donated to charity.
- Bikers can either choose to take the bus from Trek Store(click here for map) at 7:15 to go to Mutianyu roundabout (about 1.5hours ride), or drive yourself to gathering at 9:45 at the location(To be confirmed, pls stay tuned for update)
- Registration Fees are categorized as follows:
a) Rmb230 for Adult, Rmb180 for kids under 13 years old; this includes:
Transportation to and from Beijing by riding the Bohai or Bust bus, and space on the Bohai or Bust trucks to transport your own (one) bike.
b) Rmb200 for Adult, Rmb150 for kids under 13 years old; this includes:
Transportation to and from Beijing by riding the Bohai or Bust bus; you rent and pay for the bike rental separately through our Bicycle Rental Partner, Bicycle Kingdom.
c) Rmb160 for Adult, Rmb110 for kids under 13 years old
You will drive to Mutianyu on your own and bring your own bike.
- Registration fee also covers the following: a Bohai or Bust T-shirt, a set of food chits (including a main, a salad, a desert, a beverage choice). If the one set of food chits is not enough, you can always purchase more chits on site.
- Location: Mutianyu Roundabout(specific location to be confirmed). The biking will begin from this location at your leisure and end at this location by 2:30pm.
- After the biking has concluded, everyone will gather at The Roadhouse to enjoy a live band, food, a silent auction and raffle (your name will be there if you registered)! We are still looking for more sponsors...
Should you be interested in being a sponsor, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As the host organization The Schoolhouse is providing administration, coordination, venue, & other items at no charge.